Working for the South Australian Jockey Club (SAJC)
The South Australian Jockey Club (SAJC) is South Australia’s premier racing club, playing host to more than 45 days of racing action throughout the year at Morphettville Racecourse. The South Australian Jockey Club is home to a diverse multipurpose venue featuring functions rooms which are available to host events seven days a week. Our employees are spread throughout Hospitality, Tracks/Grounds Maintenance, Administration/Corporate, Operations and the Club’s external entertainment venue – The Junction.
Located on Anzac Highway and part of the South Australian Jockey Club, The Junction is a flexible venue – equipped and ready to cater for a variety of functions and events. With a number of function spaces, the venue is able to cater for gathering large and small and includes a Bistro, Sports Bar, multipurpose function room and a 40-machine gaming room.
Morphettville is about to commence construction on an exciting new event facility, with over 1000 seats of capacity across two levels, overlooking the racecourse and Adelaide Hills. Due for completion in mid-2023, this facility will form the cornerstone for events in the redeveloped Morphettville precinct.
The SAJC is a great place to work with a vibrant and inclusive workplace culture where our people are valued and supported to fulfil their career goals and perform at their best. Our Values underpin our culture, they guide our decisions and reflect how we engage with each other and our customers.
SAJC Values: Respect, Adaptability, Collaboration, Experience.
Our Vision is to deliver vibrant, successful, and sustainable experiences for all, and we achieve this by having the best people on our team.
If you would like to join our team, please apply to the current vacancies below, or reach out to discuss employment opportunities at the SAJC via; email@example.com or (08) 8295 0112
People and Culture Business Partner
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Marketing Coordinator to join our team. This newly created role is pivotal in executing Morphettville’s marketing and brand strategies across various channels. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving brand awareness, enhancing brand equity, creating aspirational customer experiences, and contributing to the overall success of Morphettville as a premier entertainment destination in South Australia.
Why Join Us:
• Innovative Atmosphere: Unleash your creativity as you contribute to redefining Morphettville as Adelaide’s event and entertainment destination of choice.
• Diverse Portfolio: From crafting engaging customer experiences and communications to managing marketing operations, and creating must-attend event experiences, your role will be anything but ordinary.
• Meaningful Impact: Witness the tangible results of your efforts as we elevate brand awareness and create unforgettable events.
• Collaborative Team: Join a passionate team that values respect, adaptability, collaboration, and experience.
As the Marketing Coordinator, you will:
- Develop and implement dynamic marketing strategies for our event destination.
- Craft compelling narratives to position Morphettville as the ultimate choice for unforgettable experiences.
- Execute captivating marketing and communications output for a variety of events, initiatives, and audiences.
- Contribute to the integrity of our website, ensuring a seamless online experience.
- Assist in the planning and execution of above and below the line promotional campaigns including working with internal and external stakeholders as well as agencies
People and Culture Business Partner
Commencing in 2024, as the People and Culture Business Partner, you’ll be at the forefront of our transformative journey, collaborating closely with the Head of People and Culture. Your mission? To be the catalyst for all things people-related – providing strategic guidance, operational support, and injecting innovation into our HR practices. Forge lasting relationships with our managers and employees, champion expert HR consultation, and ensure our people and culture strategies set the stage for a vibrant future.
Why work with us
- You’ll have the ability to build your career and be a part of a talented and cohesive team.
- We offer learning & development opportunities, Employee Assistance Program – free counselling sessions, paid parental leave (in addition to the government scheme), 2 paid volunteering/giving back days, special staff discounts on meals, venue hire and gym memberships.
- Flexible work arrangements available.
- Free on-site parking.
- We have a positive and inclusive workplace culture – making coming to work an enjoyable experience where you can thrive.
Casual Food & Beverage Attendant
Are you a seasoned pro in the world of fine dining and functions? Do you thrive in an environment where excellence is the standard, and every detail matters? We want YOU to be a part of our exceptional food & beverage team!
With the completion of our Events Centre just around the corner, we are now looking for talented and enthusiastic Food and Beverage Attendants.
The individual in this role will need to be able to use their initiative, always on the front foot ensuring customers have what they need prior to asking.
If you are passionate about hospitality and you are looking to join a growing team at one of South’s Australia’s most iconic venues, then we’d love to hear from you.
These casual positions offer a variety of shifts on feature race days, Saturdays, public holidays or throughout the week, perfect for someone looking for supplementary work OR an established food & beverage superstar looking to grow their hospitality career. If this sounds like you or someone you know, please share and apply!
Senior Sales Manager
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Senior Sales Manager to join our team and drive revenue growth in the vibrant world of hospitality, events and racing.
As a Senior Sales Manager, you will play a critical role in expanding our market presence and achieving revenue targets. You will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans, managing a team of sales professionals, and nurturing relationships with key clients. If you are a sales leader with a passion for the hospitality and events industry, we want to hear from you.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Relevant Qualifications in Sales, Events, Business, Hospitality or related field
- Proven experience in successfully leading, motivating, and managing a sales team
- Significant experience in the MICE industry
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Proven project management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop positive business relationships.
Business Development Manager
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Business Development Manager to join our team and create and convert sales opportunities. Reporting to the Event Sales Manager, this role is responsible for building business and creating new revenue streams across all channels of South Australia Jockey Club. The role builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business sales with a view to increasing revenue and profitability for the Club.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Proven relevant experience within a sales role (MICE, sponsorship or hospitality)
- Ability to establish and develop long term customer/client relationships
- Ability to identify customer needs and balance organisational profitability
- Strong closing ability
- Proven ability to “leverage” clients
- Proven abilityy to research and execute a sales strategy to meet client needs
- Strong organisational skills
- Competent skill level in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software.
Junior Ignite Program
Ignite your career with Morphettville!
Hey there, all you 15 to 17-year-olds ready to set your ambitions ablaze! Get ready to dive into the Ignite Program @ Morphettville – a junior employment opportunity designed to spark your growth and reward your efforts.
It’s not just about work; it’s about igniting passions, nurturing talents, and cultivating dreams.
Who are we?
The Morphettville Racecourse is a unique and vibrant entertainment destination and the home of thoroughbred racing in metropolitan Adelaide.
What is the Junior Ignite Program?
The Junior program is directed at students under the age of 18, who are looking to gain paid experience within the workforce. Our Junior ‘Sparks’ will be provided with a well-rounded and extensive training schedule, as well as ongoing support and development opportunities from the line manager.